COMPLETE LIST OF FARMED ACTIVITIES/ PROJECTS / ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Formation of the Growing North Cariboo Society – a sister organization formed with to focus on bringing people together from different areas, agencies, and sectors across the North Cariboo region to discuss and identify barriers to health with a focus on food security.
Thank you to all the sponsors, participants, volunteers and supporters for your contribution to the success of the 2014 Ag & Hort Leap Conference held February 8th and 9th at College of New Caledonia.
This conference was sponsored by the North Cariboo Agricultural Marketing Association (FARMED) with funding support from:
- Cariboo Chilcotin Beetle Action Coalition
- Quesnel Community Economic Development Corporation
- North Cariboo Community Futures
- Growing Forward 2 a BC Ministry of Agriculture & Federal government project
- College of New Caledonia – Quesnel Campus
- HARVEST-Quesnel Farmers’ Market
- Integris Credit Union
- Continuing Adult Education
Meals served at the conference highlighted locally produced food from North Cariboo producers and were catered by Jean’s Side Door Catering and Savalas Steak House.
To view video of conference keynote speakers, forums and workshops from the 2014 Ag & Hort Leap Conference click the link below:
Coordinators are hired and the planning of the 2014 Ag & Hort Leap Conference at CNC on February 8 & 9 begins.
The “North Cariboo Farm Country-Grown for You” mural is installed on the outside of the Good for You Market.
The launch of the “North Cariboo Farm Country – Grown for You” brand awareness and marketing program begins at the Quesnel Farmer’s Market. http://grownforyou.farmed.ca/
Through a partnership with Quesnel Community Economic Development Corporation and FARMED, funds for the “North Cariboo Farm Country – Grown for You” brand awareness and marketing program have been secured. The search for a coordinator begins.
FARMED hosted an incredibly successful ROOT CELLAR TOUR today (May 17th, Fri.) through Red Bluff & Kersley. Four sites were visited… all quite different and all very innovative by design.
Funds secured for the 2014 Ag & Hort Leap Conference and the planning committee initiated the planning of the conference.
Redesigned and launched www.farmed.ca
- “North Cariboo Farm Country – Grown for You” branding completed
- Completed Highway Billboard Signs along Hwy. 97 and “FARM PRODUCT MAP” kiosk in LeBourdais Park, Quesnel
- Farm Fresh Product Map completed (5000 copies) and distributed
Partnered with Quesnel Leisure Services for the 2012 Junior Farmer Program to be held in conjunction with “Imagination Park”
Sponsor of the 2012 Ag & Hort Leap Conference at the College of New Caledonia, Quesnel Campus
- Submitted an application to Northern Health (HEAL) for funding towards the purchase of a salad bar kit to compliment the Junior Farmer Program
- Submitted an application to Northern Development Initiative Trust for North Cariboo Agriculture Awareness & Marketing Project
- Launched Junior Farmer Program at Quesnel Farmers Market;
- 60+ children registered as “Junior Farmers” for the 2011 season
- Submitted an application to Northern Health (HEAL) for funding to purchase a commercial dehydrator for the Junior Farmer Program & Farmer Appreciation Weed.
- Recipient of funds towards this project.
Sponsor of the 2011 Ag & Hort Leap Conference at the College of New Caledonia, Quesnel Campus
- Purchased booth space at the Christmas Farmers Market for members and FARMED to have presence at these markets
- FARMED members created Crates of Local Farm Products and a FARMED calendar
- Workshops – Social Media (FACEBOOK), Geocaching
- Submitted a Letter of Intent to Community Futures Project Fund for the North Cariboo Agriculture Awareness and Marketing Project. Recipient of funds towards this project.
Sponsored a Golden Rooster Award, Youth Agriculture Exhibit and North Cariboo Farm Display Competition at the 2010 Quesnel Fall Fair
May – September, 2010
- Hosted ON THE FARM events at a variety of member’s farms / business locations (e.g. Music on the Farm, Art on the Farm, Families on the Farm, Horses on the Farm, Fall on the Farm)
- Purchased booth space at the Quesnel Farmers Market for members and FARMED to have regular presence at the market
Hosted a Networking Social for members and to promote the organisation to the agriculture community and representatives involved with economic diversification
Sponsored a Golden Rooster Award, Youth Agriculture Exhibit and North Cariboo Farm Display Competition at the 2009 Quesnel Fall Fair
- Launch of the Farm Fresh Product Guide for the North Cariboo in partnership with the Quesnel Farmers Market
- Double page editorial and advertisements in Quesnel Tourism Guides (distributed throughout BC)
FARMED brochure completed to promote organisation
FARMED listing on Tourism BC’s website (www.helloBC.com)
Winner of the Tourism Excellence Award at the Quesnel Business Awards
Hosted BC Farm Women’s Network Conference “Creating Healthy, Sustainable Communities”
Hosted Innovative Agriculture Workshops at the 2008 Quesnel Fall Fair
Double page editorial and advertisements in Quesnel Tourism Guide (distributed throughout BC)
Launched North Cariboo Farm Tour brochure; 25,000 copies printed and distributed throughout the province
One day Agritourism Circle Tour of local agri-businesses in partnership with the Quesnel Visitor Information Centre
Hosted one day CFBMC / Canadian Farm Business Management Council Workshop (Marketing Caravan) – “On a Roll with Agriculture”; 90 delegates in attendance (2nd highest in Canada)
FARMED registered as a non-profit society
First Meeting of FARMED